Friday, December 15, 2006

Days during MBA Core

Profs say work on business plan projects..
Group mates say I need to complete my notes on IT and strategy and share it asap..
Planned to work on external business plan competitions.. which looks a distant dream now..
Have to submit two assignments tomorrow..
Also got a case study to take care of..
No reading done for past week.. my participation grades in the class are heading southwards..
Also need to work on something for the consulting club which I am President of..

Sounds things are under control.. except the fact that I havenot slept for more than eight hours (in total) in last two days..

This is a typical scenario when we at school are near a so called "Pressure Point" and there were many during the three month long famous "Integrated Core"...

Dont get into the fallacy that I am not good in time management and others in the class are better placed than me.. BUT the fact is I am a very fair representation of the class.. ofcourse one will always have some High fliers .. but overall situation was not good for most of the class ..

I thought that MBA would be a cakewalk after working for intense deadlines in my five years of professional life.. but 'boy' I was terribly wrong.. those deadlines now look like easy weekends.. n relaxing weekdays..
I couldnt help it but had to consult prof where so much of pressure is taking us all.. couple of pals actually left n couple more were thinking of following them.. I was told MBA is fun.. really ?.. not any more.. we were told this course is building us for pushing our capabilities (including a factor of safety of 10).. so that every deadline from now on.. will look easily achievable..
suddenly the realization that the deadlines and schedules in the my projects (at my firm) were indeed planned by the MBAs.. so there I was at crossroads.. wondering whether its for good of bad.. how will I manage these things.. is it ethically acceptable to have tougher deadlines for non MBAs.. lol....
Ooopsss... I got a buzz on my clock .. its 0200 hrs.. need to catch up on my pending list before morning before 0830 class.. of accounting in which I cant afford to be late even by 15 sec.. and cant even think of missing the class .. that would be the cardinal sin.. in first sem..

Catch ya later..
Wish for me..

No comments: