Saturday, December 16, 2006

End of Core is near...

Alrite. .. we can see the summit now...we are almost there..
after sleepless nights.. anxious last minute submissions (0830 hrs in morning.. one min late is late..).. most of are now working on final project submission and final four hour BIG exam.. Its gonna be good.. some are tired.. some sans emotion.. n some are riding high on 'second wind'.. I dont know where to put myself.... umm.. lets see I can sense 'Second sense' coz I m hoping that end is gonna be good.. so giving my best to it..

Major exam.. Oops.. I have to moving out of current nest to my next dwelling on campus a day before the final exam.. the craziest thing I have done ( guess so) after coming to Vancouver.... that one single exam is worth one fifth (20%) of our total grades.. I hope its not that bad in the end..hoping.....

Project work.. we made the mistake of taking it like just another project.. and assuming that it will be a cake walk..BUT as they say.. 'the last mile' is always difficult n the most expensive.. and there we (my project team like other project teams ) were.. rather than celebrating after major exam we were slogging as if our life depends on this project.. team meetings stretching to more than six to seven hours.. appreciating the power of Word and Excel and Powerpoint.. tension was high .. it was intense.. very easy to break away but we kept our control

Thinking about MBA at this stage makes me wonder.. whats the purpose of all this.. is it all about learning.. or something bigger than that.... is it just the ends at this point which matters or is it still about means to achieve those ends..(my personal philosophy).. but whtever it is.. given the interesting ( I call this phase the most interesting phase) life every decent MBA grad goes through while dreaming about those magical six figure salary and comfy cushion power seats in board room..:) i feel there is a bigger purpose behind all this.. which I hvnt figured out yet..

No time to ponder about it at the moment.. at the moment its about execution.. "knocking off" things which are on my way.. one by one.. hour by hour.. in the best possible way.. making my way through group discussions.. research.. talking to VCs.. studying finance and economics.. net present values game theories.. thinking about marketing mix and value proposition.. pondering the sustainability of competitve advantages.. life goes on..

My personal motto in first three months 'Keep the damage to minimum.. ' has kept me afloat.. Hoping that all this hard work pays off some day.....

No comments: